It's Friday, January 2nd, 2009 - wow! It feels strange to say 2009 already, but at the same time, I'm ready for a new year! We had a great 2008 - lots of memories: being "empty-nesters" for the 1st time...Al & Lis moved out on their own, and Everton and I had to get used to being all by ourselves...it was an interesting adjustment & VERY quiet!! We welcomed Lis back home in May, and have had her living with us since then...didn't take long to getting used to having her here, and we've enjoyed her company! Jen and Shaun bought a home & moved to Simi Valley in July - we're happy for them being able to move into their own home! Mike and Sara went on a vacation to Mexico & got engaged while they were down there - they'll be getting married on Feb. 7th, 2009 and we're sooo happy for them!! Lis and Adam got engaged at the end of July and will be getting married on January 10th (in 8 more days) ~ and they'll be living in Evertons' parents home, just a couple blocks away...we're happy & excited for them, too! ! Al got a new job and has been living with friends and enjoys his "freedom"...and Everton & I will have to adjust to being "empty-nesters" again next week, after Lis and Adam are married...Everton has been cleaning up our downstairs office, so we can use it as a bedroom for when people come to visit, so that'll be nice! We're looking forward to Lis & Adams' wedding day and to Mike & Saras' wedding day - and we also look forward to the new year - we are grateful for your love & friendship!!
2 comments:
Boy, do I know what you mean about being an empty-nester. I really didn't have a problem when my son Mike moved out because we still had Adam living with us so when he moved out this past week, I came unglued without him here. It's just too lonely without him here. I do wish him well and congratulations to both of them on the beginning of their life journey together.
A girl one announced that she was getting married and it was the end of all her troubles. The astute reply was "yes, but which end"! Very wise and prudent. Can't wait for Saturday.
Love, Tim & Carol
Thanks, Carol & Tim - you're "the best"!! ~Debbie
Post a Comment