Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2010 Toyota Corolla recall - WHAT??!!

I have been the PROUD owner of a 2010 Toyota Corolla for 6 months now and have enjoyed the ride so far...until I read the news last night that Toyota has stopped sales on several models, including the Corolla, for a faulty gas pedal defect - apparently the gas pedal gets stuck while accelerating & has caused several FATAL accidents - WHAT??!! I was just bragging to my husband the other night about how it's been 6 months since we bought my new car, and how I LOVE IT, and it's sooo much fun to drive, and it's SOOO pretty, and I've never had any problems with it, and it's the BEST car I've ever owned, and it gets GREAT gas mileage...etc, etc, etc...I guess I spoke (& BRAGGED!!) too soon!! : ( We called the salesman @ Toyota who sold us our car, but he wasn't there - 'cause we want to know what we're supposed to do to get the problem fixed! So far, Toyota hasn't decided what to do yet, & they say they purchase their gas pedals from a certain manufacturer and haven't been able to resolve the problem yet. So...I am now driving more carefully, and my husband instructed me on how to SAFELY put on my brakes & turn OFF the ignition, IF the accelerator sticks, or IF the car lurches forward while I have my foot on the brake. GREAT! So until we hear more from Toyota, I'm CAUTIOUSLY driving to & from work & will still drive to the temple on Sat., where I volunteer on the 1st & 5th Sat. of each month - and I'll probably drive down to Disneyland this Friday, so I can use my annual pass this month. Hopefully NOTHING bad will happen!!

2 comments:

anelieze castrejon said...

i heard about that! hope you can get it fixed. :)

Emily said...

Oh my! Drive safe.