It has been almost 3 weeks & I am happy to say that it has been MUCH quieter in the mornings since I gave back our rooster ~ it started crowing VERY early in the morning, the day that the hen was going to lay her 1st egg...& it continued crowing EVERY morning & sometimes @ other times of the day...to the point where I just couldn't take it any more. I called the former owners & they were more than happy to come & get the rooster & they apologized for the fact that it was a rooster instead of a hen ~ I was worried that the remaining chicken would be lonely, as they are socialable animals, but she seems okay & has continued laying eggs and is doing well. I know that our neighbors are happy we got rid of the rooster...now if only we could get the neighbors' dogs to stop barking when ever I go outside to feed the chicken, it would be "all good" again!
1 comment:
Ugh! Our neighbors have a rooster.... I would give it back if I could :)
Post a Comment