Sunday, November 16, 2008

SUMMER AND PROPOSITION 8

It has been WAY too long since my last post...the summer got away from me!! We had a wonderful vacation for 2 weeks, visiting Evertons' family up in Idaho, @ the beginning of July - it was HOT, HOT, HOT - but we enjoyed ourselves! Just Everton & I went...it felt kind of weird vacationing without any of our kids, but we still had fun!
We got an email from our son, Mike, when he & his girlfriend, Sara, had gone to Cancun, Mexico for a vacation & while they were there, Mike proposed!! They'll be getting married on Feb. 7th, 2009! We're VERY happy for them! Then in August, our daughter Lis & her boyfriend got engaged (during the "grand finale" fireworks @ the Ventura County Fair)...it was awesome! They'll be getting married on Jan. 10th, 2009 ---so 2 kids are getting married!! We've had fun making all the plans for the weddings! Everton & I are still working full time---he's still working in Chatsworth & hates the drive, but is glad to still be employed! I'm working full time @ Dr. Pluche' office, here in Camarillo, I've been there almost 5 years & am the office manager, head receptionist, medical assistant when our other medical assistant isn't there, & I do referrals when our referral lady isn't there - I pretty much am a "one-woman" show! I really enjoy my work & am still learning new things each week - being in an office where we see patients of all ages is always interesting & challenging! I still work with the Cub Scouts @ church - I'm a den co-leader for the Wolves den, & we have approx. 15 eight-year old boys - every week is fun & exciting!! I also still volunteer @ the Los Angeles temple on the 1st & 5th Saturday of each month - things have been pretty crazy down there lately, with all the Prop. 8 opposers & rioting going on - I'm thankful that the temple has been protected by police and "unseen angels" as well...and hope the opposition stops soon! Well...nothing else new to report - I hope to keep this updated more frequently than once every few months! Everton & I kept busy the months or so before the elections, helping with the YES on Prop. 8 coalition...I took 2 different nights to make over 200 phone calls, letting people know about Prop. 8 & asking them to vote YES...most of the people were nice & some got VERY angry, but I'm glad I did it! We also stood out on a few street corners, waving our "YES on 8" banners & smiling and waving at drivers passing by...that was VERY interesting, as NO on 8 people stood right alongside us & yelled out their oppositions & things got pretty scary @ times, but I never felt physically threatened, thank goodness! I'm just glad I got to stand up (literally) for what I believe in...that marriage is ordained of God and should be between ONE man and ONE woman!!

No comments: