
It has been over a month since my last entry and ALOT has happened. Lis moved back home over the Memorial Day weekend - it is WONDERFUL having her @ home again. Her boyfriend, Adam, decided to move to California and lives close by in a house where he's renting a room. Both he and Lis have jobs and are doing well. I have been busy training a new girl @ work, and until last week, was also keeping busy with Cub Scouts and my calling to work @ the L.A. temple - I got to be in the temple 2 Saturdays in a row, volunteering as a receptionist, which I love!! Everton & I will be going on a 2 week vacation starting on June 30th. We will stay in Monterrey, CA. a couple of days; Reno, NV. for 1 night, and then we'll stay @ Evertons' brother & sister-in-laws in Meridian, ID. for a few days, to visit them & their daughter & her husband & girlies, & to visit his mom. The 2nd week of vacation we'll stay in Ely, NV. for a night, then we'll be in Las Vegas for a couple of nights, and then we'll be home - we're REALLY looking forward to time together and being able to relax and visit family!! We (Lis and Adam and I) and Allen and his girl-friend, Candace had a WONDERFUL weekend up @ the Kern River, over the Fathers' Day weekend, visiting and camping with my parents and my brother Greg and his wife & 2 boys---it was a HUGE surprise when I got a phone call on Sat. morning, as I was out taking a walk, and our son, Mike, was saying he was thinking about driving up there to visit...next thing I knew, he popped up from his hiding place and was there, in my parents RV campsite...he had driven his motorcycle all the way up that morning & had left his home in Santa Paula @ approx. 4 a.m. - it was GREAT to see him!! Mike, Lis, Al, Adam and my nephew, Ty, all tried inner tubing down the river, but after all of them got dumped off their tubes, and they had to hike up to the road and Adam got a ride back to camp to get his truck to go back and pick them all up---they decided NOT to tube any more. They still had a blast hanging out and it was SOOO hot that weekend, that it just felt good hanging out by the river and visiting. It was wonderful being together and celebrating Fathers' Day with my dad - I love and appreciate him and am so grateful he's my dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment