Saturday, January 31, 2009

SISTER BECK & HANGIN' OUT WITH MY MOM

This afternoon was our multi-stake women's conference. Sister Julie Beck, Relief Society general president was our speaker. I had the priviledge of hearing her speak at BYU women's conference last spring and was really looking forward to hearing her again! My mom & her visiting teacher drove out together from Canoga Park and got to the stake center early to save seats. I went by myself because Jen had a birthday party to go to and Lis had to work. I was glad to be able to sit with my mom and to have great seats - it was VERY crowded and hard to find a parking spot, but I knew it would be worth it and I was right! Sister Beck shared her testimony and then invited 3-4 sisters to ask a question. She was able to answer all the questions, using scriptures and quotes from prophets and by sharing experiences from her own life - she is an amazing, funny, and spiritual woman and I'm so thankful that I was able to be there today! There was a women's choir and violinist that sang and played beautiful music and the meeting was much-enjoyed by all in attendance! After the conference we went to Soup Plantation for a delicious dinner - what a wonderful afternoon and evening!

No comments: